Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saving Santa!

Oh man! They were so excited to see Santa!
Carefully listening to Santa!

Ky really, really wants a tractor this year for Christmas. He has wanted one ever since Grandpa Dave got his new one. So we found this cute little red Ford one that he can ride on. Ron didn't want to be up all Christmas eve this year putting everything together so he was bound and determined that he would have this tractor assembled before then. So Ron spent one night putting it together up in our bonus room upstairs....where Ky would never see it! Well one night we were down stairs and here comes Ky all full of excitement! He said "I saw a little tractor upstairs! It was a red one with petals, and a steering wheel! C'mon I'll show ya!" So Ron ran up in head of us to hide it. I was trying to give him a little time so I was asking Ky what he saw. He said "Daddy built it! His tools were there!" I was trying to convince him otherwise and said Santa had done it. I told him if he waited until Christmas Santa would bring him one. He said "I don't want Santa's...I want the one upstairs!" So I went up with Ky and of course it was gone! He said "It was right here!! It was really, I promise!!" I said "did you touch it?" He said "No!" I said "then how do you know it was really here?!" (poor kid!) He was so sure of himself! He said "mom, it was right here!!" I said where did it go then? He said "it droved away!" Well we had to tell him something so we told him that Santa must of hid it and if he was a good boy then he would bring it to him on Christmas. After some convincing I think he bought it! So Christmas is saved!



6 comments:

rouskafamily said...

Thanks for the treat!! There is nothing more yummy than crackers and hinder binder ball. More fiber for me please!! Cute santa pics, I wanted to see crying, kicking, swearing kids, but oh well cute will work too.

The McClellan Clan said...

OH my gosh!!! That is the saddest thing ever!!! Poor kid! I think Santa scarred him for life!!! It was just a figment of his imagination wasn't it!!
Hey the ball was dilish!! Brady ate it for dinner. Ya its gone, and he usually doesn't eat those, and he said how good it was. So thanks!! You rock!

Paige n' Kalani said...

That is so funny! Poor kiddo is going to think he's losing his mind!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Good thing he is still little, and you can pull off the Magic of Christmas;) I can just imagine what his little mind is thinking, poor little guy.

Stephanie said...

Poor Ky - he is too smart for his own good! Hopefully you little fibbers convinced him & he was all surprised on Christmas morning! I love my cute little nephews & niece!

The McClellan Clan said...

I did go on it nerd. Look a little harder! I was going down all the hills. Getting my butt wet as could be!!